- Accessing the honor group application site requires an OpusEvent account. Your NAfME membership must be current, and you must link your NAfME membership within your profile after logging in to Opus. If you are new to Opus or have forgotten your login credentials, click here.
- If you hope to have audition fees waived through a school Partner Membership (formally named Associate Membership,) that membership must be current before starting a student application---there can be no exceptions.
5-8 Junior All-State
The application and audition window is now open. All applications and auditions are submitted electronically by following the four steps below. The deadlines to submit online applications and auditions are:
Youth Choir: 11:59 PM Monday 12/7 Application Fee: $5
Grades 7/8: 11:59 PM Wednesday 12/9 Application Fee: $10
- All submissions must be VIDEO recorded live, direct to Opus.
- Given some areas are limited to remote instruction/learning, you have the ability to email a link to your students so that they can submit audition video tracks from their home.
- Percussion Applicants: Due to remote learning required in some areas we understand that some percussionists may not have access to the full array of required instruments. If you are interested in applying but cannot access one or more instrument types, you are welcome to audition on those that you can and leave other tracks blank.
Take the following four steps to complete the application/audition process.
- Print the Application Worksheet. This is the information you need from students to build their applications.
- View, print Opus Audition In Five Easy Steps. (IMPORTANT Changes this year!)
- Print and distribute the appropriate audition materials and resources:
- Go online to apply and record VIDEO files: www.opusevent.com
- Click on "Opus Audition" lower left of screen, find and click on:
- WMEA 2021 Junior All-State Grades 7 and 8 or
- WMEA 2021 Junior All-State Youth Choir
- Log in using your email address and password you have chosen for your OpusEvent account and profile.
- Problems logging in or new to OpusEvent?
Audition fees must be paid by credit card as part of the online audition process. You will not be able to record video files until audition fees are paid. All audition fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Please note that WMEA Partner Member schools (formerly known as Associate Member) have their audition fees waived. Teachers from Associate Member schools will be able to upload files without paying, but that membership must be current before starting the application process.
Questions, need a friend? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org